CONGRESSMAN THOMPSON ANNOUNCES WINNER OF MISSISSIPPI’S 2ND CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 2021 VIRTUAL ART COMPETITION
Bolton, MS – Today, United States Representative Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS) announced winners of the 2021 Second Congressional “Artistic Discovery” Virtual Art Competition. There were 6 schools that participated and 74 pieces of artwork. This year’s 1st Place winner is Ari Perkins of Ida B. Wells APAC located in Jackson, Mississippi. I would like to extend my congratulations to Ari and the Ida B. Wells APAC’s Art Program for placing #1 in this year’s competition.
The 1st Place winner along with one other person may be eligible to receive round trip accommodations to Washington D. C. at a date to be determined to compete with the other Congressional Art Competition winners. In addition, her entry will be displayed in the Cannon Tunnel for the period of one year.
The other winners are as follows:
- 2nd Place- “Sacrificial Lamb” by Khai Thompson of Ida B. Wells – Power APAC
- 3rd Place- “Black is King” by Lonagcio “LJ” Smith, II of Greenville High School
- “Innocence” by Phil Hendon of O’Bannon High School
- “Jungle Life” by Emma Hendricks of Water Valley High School
- “Toucan” by Anthony Loper of Water Valley High School
- “Closed Windows” by Dori Hines of Ida B. Wells APAC
- “Take a Breather” by Dori Hines of Ida B. Wells APAC
For more information call Ms. Ashley Beale at 662-335-9003.