IRS: Second Economic Impact Payment
American Rescue Plan Child Tax Credit
Click here to read about the American Rescue Plan Child Tax Credit.
MISSISSIPPI’S 2ND CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT
The expanded and improved Child Tax Credit is an historic change that is a lifeline to the middle class and cuts child poverty. It provides children and their families with additional payments throughout the year that helps them with the costs of food, childcare, diapers, healthcare, clothing, and taxes. Poor, working, and middle class families are receiving the same monthly payments, $250 per month per child, and $300 per month for every young child. All the families in your district will feel more secure and better able to deal with the burdensome expenses that face them weekly and monthly.
Look at how it changes life in your district.
• A stunning 94.7% of children in your district will gain from expanded and improved Child Tax Credit — 168,400 children.
• The average benefit for 50,000 households is $3,500. • The expanded and improved Child Tax Credit lifts 20,000 children in your district out of poverty.
• Because of the larger benefit for the youngest, 7,300 kids under the age of six are raised out of poverty.
• Families with children in poverty will receive $5,600 on average.
• You are getting 4,600 children in your district out of deep poverty.